What you can expect
Our expert witnesses work on some of the most complex cases in our sector and are well respected in the medico-legal industry for their objective opinion and experience.
As a member of our team you can expect to work with some of the UK’s leading solicitors as well as likeminded people at Bush & Co who challenge the status quo, care about what they do, learn from each other and never take their eyes off the end goal; we think that’s pretty special.
As an expert witness you will work with solicitors representing clients who have suffered catastrophic injury to:
- Identify liability through case reviews where clinical negligence or personal injury may have occurred.
- Assess the quantum of an injury, taking into account the individual and their life pre-injury, the impact it has had on everyday life and their needs going forward.
Why choose Bush & Co
As our expert witnesses are self-employed, we understand the importance of providing additional support to help you do your job well. This support includes:
- Marketing support to promote you and help out with presentations, networking and raising your profile.
- Training and continuous development through induction, quarterly regional meetings, and specific courses.
- A finance team who process all of your invoices related to the case.
- Guidance on governance to protect you and your clients.
- A Quality Assurance team that ensures your reports are consistent and of the highest quality whilst adhering to legal protocol and without influencing the report content.
- A team of administrators who support with managing trial diaries, your capacity, and report formatting as well as instructions from the medico-legal sector.
- Specialist Knowledge
- Quality & Compliance
All our expert witnesses must have a minimum of ten years’ experience in their profession as we believe this time frame provides the appropriate amount of experience to provide objective, up-to-date opinion. It ensures you can refer to practical and theoretic experience as well as best practice within your profession.
We work with people following catastrophic injury and need our expert witnesses to be experienced in injuries such as Spinal Cord Injury, Acquired Brain Injury, Amputation, Cerebral Palsy, Complex orthopaedic injuries to name a few. You can view a list of the injuries we work with here.
Our expert witnesses come from a number of professions and have experience in many injuries. You can view a full list in here.
Quality & Compliance
To ensure quality and compliance you must also be a member of your professional body and pass our vetting process which is in place to protect you, our clients and the customers we work with.